Business Development & Partnerships Manager
Based in London with a global remit / Remote working
Salary Negotiable. Remuneration will be comprised of salary and sales-based commission.
We’re looking for someone to join the team at a really exciting time for the business. You would be a key player in driving commercial growth and helping us deliver more for our clients across the world. You will have some commercial experience working in video, content, agency or event solutions and have a strong interest in current affairs and global policy on a range of issues including economics, the environment and international development. This may be your second or third role in media.
About Econ Films
Econ Films is a production agency specialising in sophisticated, editorially led content, particularly for influential audiences – including decision makers and leaders working in policy, academia and development.
We produce commercial and editorial content including films and programmes, broadcast style online events, and videos for social.
We’re a global organisation and work with a range of organisations around the world, from multinational corporates to NGOs, think tanks and academic institutions, helping them to communicate important ideas and research effectively to a wider audience.
Our fast-growing business needs a Senior Sales Manager to help us reach more clients, generate revenue and develop the sales pipeline. You will report to the Head of Development and play a key role in driving revenue growth, building and developing client relationships and identifying strategic opportunities.
You will work closely with editorial and production colleagues in a dynamic, collaborative and entrepreneurial environment.
The role will be exciting for someone who enjoys being proactive and winning new business and working creatively with clients. We need someone who can take responsibility and lead on sales meetings and demos and build long-term key accounts. As the world changes so do the needs of our clients, so you will need to be adaptable and keen to try new things, even if they don’t work.
· A proven sales background at a comparable media or production company. (2 years+)
· A track record developing and winning new business.
· Managed sales process from lead generation and pitching to delivery and account management.
· Experience working collaboratively with senior stakeholders.
· Friendly and articulate, with persuasive communication skills.
· Strong understanding of how organisations can benefit from using video as well as digital and content marketing.
· Always happy to go the extra mile to help clients.
· Confident and able hit the ground running (with support).
· A network of contacts or sector expertise would also be advantageous.
· Someone who loves video and film
Ideally you will have a track record with one or more of the following:
· Experience selling to educational institutions
· Experience selling to NGOs
· Experience selling to the public sector
· Experience selling to the financial sector
· Experience selling event solutions
· Experience selling to media organisations or content distributors
You will bring something new to the team, be it the way you work, a specific expertise you have or a set of relationships you have in a particular sector. You will enjoy a challenge and have a positive and solutions-focussed attitude.
What you will be doing
· Working with the team to deliver significant revenue growth in line with the expansion of the business.
· Consistently beating new business targets.
· Researching and sourcing new leads and opportunities.
· Leading on sales meetings with new prospects.
· Account managing partnerships and projects alongside our production team.
· Building and maintaining strong, long-lasting customer relationships.
· Developing broader, more strategic relationships with clients, potential clients and partners.
· Helping to build strong external relationships with key agencies, media owners and brands.
· Working with our team to ensure prospective clients’ needs and deadlines are met.
· Researching industry trends and news and identify commercial opportunities.
· Attending events and representing the company.
· Understand and use data and insights to build a compelling sales story
How to apply
To be considered, please send us your latest CV and a cover note which outlines why you’d love to join us, your salary expectations and why you’re a great match for what we’re looking for.
The closing date for applications is Friday 26th March 2021. Interviews will take place on a rolling basis.
As a business we believe in supporting each other, being nice and delivering for our clients. There will be opportunities for the right candidate to develop and grow with the business.
Subject line: Business Development & Partnerships Manager – Econ Films